24 Mar Covid-19 Statement
24th March 2020
Temporary Suspension of Inspections
Following guidance from the Government, we have decided that we will be ceasing all inspections on properties from Tuesday 24th March. The safety of our staff and clients is utmost importance and as such we must stop physical inspections of properties. We will continue to follow not only the Government guidelines but also RICS guidelines on when is an appropriate time to restart inspections.
We will be answers calls and emails, and if you have any queries about a Home Report we have conducted for you or thinking of instructing us to carry one out please do get in touch and we would be happy to help.
20th March 2020
Home Report Company recognise that is this a rapidly changing situation, which is unpredictable and unprecedented however we also feel that it is important to the economy to keep things moving and we will continue to provide our services as much as possible over this strange time we are all facing.
Our fundamental priority is our people and the safety of our clients; therefore, we are changing things a little, but we are still able to provide an excellent service to our clients.
So, what are we doing?
- Home Based Staff – most of our staff work remotely from home anyways, so this is nothing new for us. We have the tools, procedures and systems to work this way and nothing will change.
- We may ask that if you hear a child in the background you don’t think it’s because we are unprofessional, its because we support our staff and understand this is a trying hard time for families.
- Field based Surveyors – at present we are available for a full range of services including Home Reports and Valuations work. Our promise is that where a Surveyor is working and not isolating per current guidance, they will be scrupulous in their attention to detail when entering your home. Good hand hygiene and distancing practice will be followed at all times.
So, what does this mean for you?
- Our surveyors will call ahead and run through the booking process questions and confirm it is still acceptable to still access the property.
- Surveyors will wear gloves when they enter your property and throughout the inspection.
- Our surveyors will maintain a safe personal distance from you and your family. We would ask that you keep the safe distance away from them and if possible wait in another room while the inspection is being carried out, if you have questions you will be given the surveyors number who you can call and talk to directly after the inspection. Again, we aren’t being rude, but we are keeping you and our team safe!
- It would be great help if you could have doors to room left open so prior to their arrival.
- It will greatly assist the team if you clear access to boilers and utilities within the property and expose any areas such as cellars and roof spaces for access before entry.